06 June, 2009

I'm having a ball!

Ok, I didn't make all of these today. Only 3 of them. They are birthday presents for the children in my mother's group. We are going to have a combined first birthday party for them all soon. The mums saw the toys I had made Brandon when they were here & I asked a couple of them if they would like a ball or rocket. Well they picked a ball so the whole lot are getting a ball now. They are good fun. Brandon has really started playing with his this past week so that's been interesting to watch. He tries to throw it & also pushes it away. Very cute. The best thing about making these though is that I have used some of my fabric stash. I have a lot of prints with dogs on them so you will see most of them are dog related.
This is fun! Currently I have Brandon & Juneau both sitting under the desk! I don't think Juneau will stay long but it is lasting longer than I thought it would.
Anyway have a good weekend.
Photobucket
"Take me out to the ball game,
Take me out with the crowd.
Buy me some peanuts and cracker jack,
I don't care if I never get back,
Let me root, root, root for the home team,
If they don't win it's a shame.
For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out,
At the old ball game."
Author: Jack Norworth
Composer: Albert Von Tilzer
Published on: 1908, 1927
Published by: York Music Company

1 comment:

BronnyB said...

I think the mums will get such a blast out of these gifts - the kids will do - for different reasons - some may even make it into heirloom handicrafts of treasured toys - I've still got a couple of handmade toys given to me when I was a couple of years old. Well done!