25 July, 2009

Another scarf!

I love the colours of this wool. Better just check! Yes it is 100% wool so I can call it that. Phew. It is Cleckheaton Vintage Hues wool that I picked up at the wool shop when she had her stocktake sale. I just saw it & loved it so Ibbought some of course! The colours are varied from ball to ball even in the same dye lot so that was interesting. But it is pretty.
I haven't been blogging this week as I had no finished to show. Now the scarf is finally done. I also have finished one sock last night with the Kaffe Fassett wool. Maybe the next sock won't take quite as long as I am not doing the scarf too. I have also been cross stitching at times through the week, when Brandon has been asleep. I just can't stitch with him about at the moment as he wants to get into the needles, thread, chart - you name it. That has become nap time activity & evening activity if I feel like it!
Brandon had his first hair cut this morning too. He looks very different now without all that hair in his eyes! He wasn't happy about the cut though but only because he was given a clip to play with & he got it stuck on his finger.
The weather this week has been pretty wet & soggy though so we have been keeping in.
Photobucket
I did some baking yesterday - heaven in a biscuit. I did one of the biscuit recipes from the book Ladies, A Plate that I raved about last month. They are Spice cookies & so good! Ok, we better be off to a 1st birthday party. See you later...
Oh, it's raining again
Oh no, my love's at an end.
Oh no, it's raining again and you know it's hard to pretend.
Oh no, it's raining again Too bad I'm losing a friend.
Oh no, it's raining again
Oh, will my heart never mend.
It's Raining Again - Supertramp

No comments: