12 July, 2009

More stripey socks!

Yay! I have finally finished my next pair of socks. More of the self patterning wool from Spotlight. It's pretty cool stuff really but interesting to get the second one starting in the same spot as the first! Even so they are almost the same but not quite. Though no one would really pick up the differences, but they are too minor to care about as far as I am concerned! lol They are fun & really quite easy as they are mostly all just basic knit stitches. Because they are stitch in the round, you are only working from the one side so you are only doing knit most of the time. A bit of purl in the cuff & a bit of purl when you turn the heel but that is all, so it is something you don't need to think about a great deal. This pair is much improved on my first pair as far as working with DPNs goes too. My joins are much better right from the start so I am quite pleased. I think the next pair of socks I do will be using the Kaffe Fassett wool I bought recently. I think they are going to be really interesting!
Happy Weekend,
Mandy
It's neat and it's sweet
It's a ding dong treat
Knittin' socks for little feet
Just sittin' with your knittin' all day long
You know knittin's friendly
And knittin's fun
Knittin's good for everyone
From the TV Show Fraggle Rock

No comments: