17 March, 2010

Beautiful Books


Here are 2 lovely books I have just had from the library. Actually I still have A Second Helping here. But they are terrific! The first one, The Thrifty Kitchen is just lovely. It is a large hardcover book. Not only are the recipes lovely but I found all the hints & tips & info included more useful than the rest of it. I must admit I did copy a couple of recipes out but would have loved to copy most of the book.

I think Stuart likes the book as it explained how to make the perfect poached egg. Well I tried it & well it was pretty darned good if you ask me. We have something special for brunch on Sunday's. The other day we had poached eggs, wilted spinach & hollandaisse sauce on toast. It was good. Even the hollandaisse was good. Yes I made that too. Next Sunday if I remember to get some ham I will do Eggs Benedict. My favourite. But the one with the spinach was good too. Can't be straight out of the garden home grown spinach leaves.

The other book is lovely too. If you have check out my review & the book Ladies, A Plate, from ages ago you will know how much I loved that one. Well I didn't think the second one could live up to the first. When do sequels do that? Not often. But this is just as good as the first. Really it is. There is one recipe I will most definitely be trying very soon. I don't know if I will be sitting down to copy out a whole bunch of them. In the meantime they are hanging around my wish list on fishpond waiting for me to be rich! Hahahahaha...

Happy St Patricks Day

Photobucket

There's a Leprechaun in my room. He swats me with a broom.
That's the reason I forget the words of this song.
Well he shows me a four-leaf clover, and before me song is over,
It's buried in a bowl of Lucky Charms.
The Leprechaun Song

No comments: