12 March, 2010

Stashbusting with a Granny cushion

I am really trying hard right now to not buy new stuff to craft with. I am trying really hard to use the stuff I have. This week I have done a little of that.


After I finished my granny blanket on Monday I started on some Summer Garden Granny Squares. Lucy was so kind to put the pattern for these on her blog. They are pretty cute & just slightly different from a regular Granny! It didn't take me long to make these squares anyway. This time I also used Lucy's method of joining squares together. I did try this on the blanket last week but it gives a back & front to the piece you are making so I didn't like that for the blanket. Pity as I really like the look of it. It worked nicely for my cushion though. Then, if 2 tutorials of Lucy's weren't enough, I used her idea of the cushion cover too. I had a couple of op shop jumpers in a box. This one was already cut into but I managed to squeeze just enough out of it to make a backing. Could have used a little more but oh well. ( Oh & it isn't cashmere or anything nice like that - just chenille I think. I just can't find cashmere or wool in the op shops yet. Waiting for them to put the winter clothing out!) Then along with a yellow crochet edge & some chains for button holes I added the buttons from mum & Oma's button tins that I raided again. It's not a bad cover for cheap as chips & to add some colour to the house. I love colours! Lots of colour! I think it looks nice & cheery & with the cooler weather coming it may be just what we need for snuggling on cold days.


Now we in blogland just need to thank all the wonderful people out there who also blog & leave behind all these terrific ideas & tutorials for us all to share in. There is so much inspiration out there. Now I just need to get bothered to started something else. I have so many things I want to do I am a bit overwhelmed with choice right now & don't know where to start! But it will be stash busting anyway, whatever I find to do!


There goes my baby
She knows how to Rock'n'Roll
She drives me crazy
She give me hot & cold fever
She leaves me in a cool cool sweat
Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen

2 comments:

Chars said...

Very pretty - nice cheerful colours

Teena Vallerine said...

LoVING those colours! Zing Zing! t.x