15 September, 2010

Rainbow Ripples

Oh isn't my basket of rainbow just so pretty! Ok, I admit it myself, I am loving it. It's pretty, pretty, pretty. I'm not usually one to say how nice my stuff is, but I am loving these colours & these ripples.


I am quite enjoying this bit of hooky. It's become easier. I can now determine where I am by looking at the previous row but I am still using a stitch marker along my row to do a quick row check every few ripples or so. It really doesn't take more time as sometimes you just need to give your hands a stretch anyway. I am going along quite well & can usually do 2 rows in an evening. Sunday night while watching my fav ABC show I managed 3.5 rows. I don't like putting it down in the middle of a row really, but these rows are so long that if I did finish that .5 row the other night I would have still been up another half hour.


I only have 7 colours at the moment & will take it to the store to see if there are maybe another 2 to add to it. I am glad I decided to stick with the acrylic. BJ has been dragging the Dottie blanket all around the house lately, so it makes me pleased with my choice for this one as well for now. I can imagine it will get the same treatment later on. I don't mind. I am making them to be used. One day when he is big I can splash out on some wool & make some nice woolly blankets then. In the meantime these will stand the test of a rambunctious kid. They are also warm as anything so as a blanket to snuggle under acrylic certainly will do the job.


I am really excited too about the rainbow at the moment as BJ is really into rainbows. He says rainbow so cutely! Yep, cutely! I just love hearing it over & over again. So my rainbow ripple blanket will mark that moment in time. It couldn't be more perfect in so many ways.

6 comments:

Vicky said...

I love it, I might have to give one of these a go.

Unknown said...

WOW Mandy it sure has grown quick!! Looks really awesome and I LOVE those colours:-)

Sally said...

Your rainbow ripple blanket is gorgeous!!! Oh oh oh... I am so tempted to start mine now too. I'm going to bust a gut to get some of my WIPs finished so that perhaps I can join you soon.
Your blanket is so lovely - hard not to smile working with such lovely colours!
YAY!

angelina said...

its gorgeous . look at you ! my kids are driving me crazy. this weather stinks...

Anonymous said...

It's beatiful. bet you are really really happy with all that. Pity i never learned to do blankets isn't it instead os dresses years and years back.

Anonymous said...

I want to learn how to make a ripple blanket so baaad! I want to make a red, black, grey, and white one for my son's nursery.