22 February, 2012

Bring On Winter


OK, to be honest don't bring on winter quite yet, but it won't be far off before it is scarf season.  So with that coming up & the need to use beautiful yarns of course, I had to whip up this scarf.  I had to find something for me to use the Sirdar Baby Crofter for after doing the baby hat last week.  This is the bluer version of the yarn though.  At the moment it's for me but who knows where it will end up!  (On Friday it will probably end up in the window at work!)  I do plan to keep this one & then make at least one more for a Christmas gift I have decided.  It will be a great gift I think.  I hope so anyway!  The person should like it but I don't worry too much about things like that.  I will make it & give it regardless.  I bought one ball of the yarn on Friday & started it Saturday night while we were out.  Yeah, sad I know but we only went to family for tea & so I can sit & do that there.  One ball made a metre in length so I needed another ball on Tuesday & finished that one off today.  Voila!  An Amarachi Lace Crochet Scarf.  I tried a couple of different things with the yarn to experiment but found these larger stitches of crochet made the colour work in little blocks & totally removed that stripy variegated look that you get from knitting this yarn & that gave it a whole new look I think.  I like it.  I hope it is a nice accessory for winter.   I will have to try to refrain from buying a couple more already to start another one!  It's a nice easy project with effective results!  
Happy Days!  

1 comment:

Sally said...

That is so pretty. The yarn you have chosen is perfect. Lovely.