27 February, 2012

Yarny Playtime

Our new square was picked for the week.  It's the Nordic Star.  Quite nice, though mine isn't.  Not so happy with it.  There are mistakes.  I couldn't work out a couple of the outer rounds after the star.  Oh well, it isn't so obvious I don't think.  I'm not terribly bothered by it right now.  Slack attitude I know, but there you go.  


Then I have also used some more precious stash of Lily's Sugar 'n' Cream yarn, Lava Lamp.  I must say I like the other one better from last week.  This one is a basketweave pattern that I got out of a pattern book I have from Lily's. (also available on Ravelry of course!)   It's huge!  Really much bigger than the cloth last week.  I think it must have used more than three quarters of the ball.  I do have another ball of this one as it turns out so that's good.  I should get 2 more out of that some time.  Or play around with some colours to use the ends up.  

I'm working on a bigger project in cross stitch at the moment too, so that is a bit trickier to manage with the boys, but I will try to find blocks of time for that.  It takes a bit more concentration that the crochet or knitty stuff does which is why I don't do a lot of it these days.  

After the weekend surprise of Chris turning up, we had a Monday surprise of him having to leave today already!  So I guess in a couple of weeks my hotel pen collection will grow a little more again!  
Till another day!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Hiya! My name is Jenn and I am new to your blog. I love the squares you share and I can't wait to try some of them. :) They all look pretty awesome.

Have a great day!

<3 Jenn
creativelycraftyjenn.blogspot.com