20 May, 2012

The Week That Went Very Fast

It really is scary how fast the days, weeks & months are flying by!  It's just beyond comprehension at times, that it is almost the middle of the year.  Before long we will be talking & preparing for Christmas again, though did we only just have Christmas last week?  

The past week went by in a blur really.  I hate being so busy all week long with the two young ones, especially when you have to lug them around to here & there & they get tired & cranky as a result.  It's crazy really how busy we seem to be.  I must say this week wasn't a regular one so hopefully it will all calm down in the coming weeks.  We actually have school holidays in a couple of weeks so some of our usual activities will stop so that will be great.  A really good time to recharge & just take some time out from having to race out the door everyday.  

If you read my previous post about our anniversary, that was an odd day as we did an airport run.  It was good though as it was a double in one trip, with a drop off & pick up all in one.  Plus we got to go into the city for a look around.  It is a bit of a spin out when you realise how long it has been since you were there when you find out the shop you were looking for hasn't been there for 2 years!  Ekkk....  I just don't get to shop like I used to.  When I say shop I mean, I don't get to go to the places that I used to go for a look at a bit more regularly.  But that's ok, it's not like I need anything.  Picked up a few good deals in kids clothing & finished the birthday shopping for the big boy.  We didn't get out for dinner, just the 2 of us until Friday night.  We went to Mexican.  I'd been craving it for a couple of years now!  Ok, so that craving is fixed now.  Nearly made myself sick trying to eat it all.  I never do that.  But it was yummy.  Hopefully it won't be another 2 years before we get there.  

In the meantime I have done a little bit of crochet.  Just a little mind, & that took ages to get finished each time!  The first pic below is the second in our crochet along.  It's called Far Pavilion.  Nice square to create & simple enough.  The one below is just an extra I have done to add to my rainbows.  It's called Eye of the Beholder.  Such a long name for a square!  It's pretty cool looking though.  



This afternoon I have a meet up with the locals from one of our groups on Ravelry!  It's great fun getting together with all the knitters & crocheters.  Of course it helps that we have good coffee & chocolate to enjoy while we knit or crochet in the cafe!  Hope your day is good & sunny & filled with sweet treats too!  

1 comment:

Bron said...

I always thought time went fast when my guys were little.....I now have bigger kids and now I really know that time goes way to fast. Glad you can still squeeze some crafting in there to remain sane! x