20 September, 2012

A Jumper/Sweater

I did knit one!  I actually did!  Wow!  Plus I finally took a (very bad) picture of it!  It's hard to get a good picture of a moving subject!  The easiest way to keep him still in the end was to get him to be a starfish!  At least he isn't blurry this time but the lighting sucks!  Can't have everything...  

Anyway, I did this round neck jumper in the round which was the first time I had done that.   So I am feeling quite clever.  I was hoping this would fit him next year.  I am not sure if it will.  It's the biggest size on the pattern leaflet - size 6-7 years.  He's only just turned 4 & it fits him well now.  Fingers crossed he still can wear it next winter.  Bummer about the sizes in this though.  Very frustrating to have that happen after all that.  At least I know when I sell the patterns at work that I can tell them they need to upsize!  It's wool called Magic Garden Buttons & it's lovely to use too.  Very impressed.  I hope the rumour isn't true about it being discontinued though!  I will have to grab a couple of packs of a couple of colours if that is right as they are nice.  


Here's a pic just because it's cute!  My little Man!  

3 comments:

Sally said...

What a handsome starfish he is too... love love love that jumper. Did you use a pattern from ravelry?

Bron said...

Little boys wearing mumma's knits being a starfish is very adorable. Great job . you should be proud of yourself. xx

Joan on the Phone said...

I thought it was a new form of blocking. Jumper stretched out on floor. "Child enclosed"