24 January, 2014

Things I'm Loving

We have been playing a lot of games with BJ.  We really enjoy that half hour or so before bed with him.  It is also amazing to see the benefits it gives him.  We have had a lot of number games & he is becoming quite good at numbers & recognizing a dice amount & so on.

So games we are loving right now are...

Bug trails - This is a bit like dominoes but with 6 legs to match.  This is actually one of my favourites to play as it is quite different.  You can only play your turn on the previous bug that has been put down.   It's also a really good price at this place.  Parentdirect.com.au.

Bus Stop - this is from the same place.  Really good for adding & subtracting.  What I like about this is that it isn't the first person to the bus station to win.  Each player goes back to the station & the person with the most on his bus at the end is the winner.  It's cool.

Skip Bo Junior - I had never played Skip Bo before but I know my sister loves it.  I saw this in the toy shop recently & thought it looked good.  Plus the pictures on the cards are cute!  It's been really good fun.  I think this has become my second favourite.

Richard Scarry's Cars & Trucks game - This is one I picked up locally some time ago & it is a really good one for a quick game when you don't have long to play.  Plus it's another good number game which has been good for BJ.

DJ doesn't play much yet.  He tries.  Still a bit little.  But he does like

Tumbling Monkeys - we like this especially as I got it at an op shop really cheap!  But DJ just loves poking the sticks in & out & making the monkeys fall.

Sorry about the lack of pictures.  I am computer less right now so using where & when I can.

Have you got any good games you play?  Any with letters that can help with alphabet?

Linking up with Meghan.

3 comments:

Meghan Maloney Photography said...

Not sure what age your wee guy is but we love UNO here. Also Sleeping Queens (you'd have to search for this online I think) - great for basic number addition. And Junior Scrabble is great for early word recognition too. Will have to check out some of your games too though they sound great!

Meghan Maloney Photography said...

Not sure what age your wee guy is but we love UNO here. Also Sleeping Queens (you'd have to search for this online I think) - great for basic number addition. And Junior Scrabble is great for early word recognition too. Will have to check out some of your games too though they sound great!

Bron said...

Great list...we love UNO too....also bananagrams is a good one.xx