14 July, 2014

Little Holiday Pottering

It's school holidays here.  We have been spending time at home.  It was so beneficial last holidays for all of us, BJ especially.  We haven't been rushing off any where much when we haven't had too.  Ditching that complete rushing to get dressed & out the door moment.  I love it!  The weather has also been rubbish but it is winter remember, so it's to be expected.  But it's been good to stay in & snuggle, with a movie, or Lego play or games.  It's all good!  

Having finished the jumper the other week I have needed something just simple to potter along with before I start on any other big project.  So I am just having a little play.  

This square was the latest in the crochet along.  It was one I had done a year or so back & I do like it.  It's a nice three dimensional flower.  Crocodile Stitch Dahlia to be exact.  


It's been such a long time since I have spent a bit of time on squares.  I know last year I never finished the squares we had in the CAL.  This is one from last year.  The Hexagon Hotpad is quite nice.  Yes the picture is really wavy & all.  It's so not flat!  It is also a little big so I didn't even do the last round of the pattern.  I had to do up to where I did get to to square it up though.  (not that it is very).  lol  It's a nice square though very fiddly with the 7 hexagons which means an awful lot of ends, plus their joining.  But I've done it now.  Once is enough me thinks.  I don't know if he will end up in the blanket but will see how we go.  I have 20 squares in this colourway.  I know cos BJ & I had a little time this morning setting them out.  So I need a few more for a decent size lap throw.  I will see how much yarn I have left, so maybe 5 more or maybe 9 more.  I still need to decide what colour to join them with.  Hard decision that one.  What do you think?  


2 comments:

Bron said...

We had a pj day today...they are the best...weather was terrible so perfect for being home. Love your new square...it will make for a lovely lap quilt combined with the other squares. Xxx

Anonymous said...

I love both those squares. very clever how that all works out.