31 December, 2015

Scraps


I always find it amazing to see what is hiding in a box of scraps.  Whether it is scrap yarn, fabric, thread, whatever craft you try...  

This is my latest from my scrap box.  I tried really hard to use up some that are so very old that I just want to see gone.  Quite a bit of history in the fabrics in here..  It was fun to try though.  Just string piecing on a piece of paper which I tore out after sewing.  Was handy with the paper guide for sizing. I had 8" blocks in the end.  I did buy the black fabric for the sashes, but that was only around a metre so not bad.  

At this stage I am not sure what I will do with it.  It was just a play piece & using scrap piece.  I won't baste & quilt it as yet.  Will store better this way.  I will probably save it for a charity gift or something...  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks wonderful. I'm sorry that my sewing machine is still having a holiday but it will be time soon for it to do some work again. Well, there's a whole new year coming.